Saturday, June 30, 2018

2018.6.30

It was fine and very hot.

Yesterday there was an announcement of the end of the rainy season in Kanto area which is relatively early.

Today I stayed home to receive the re-delivered goods in the morning, then walked to the sushi restaurant to meet my friend's daughter for lunch. My friend and I worked at Expo 92 in Seville, Spain together. She got married American.
So her children are bilingual. I asked her how she learned Japanese. She said she did not go to the Japanese language school. At home she talked Japanese with her mother. She watched Japanese TV program with subtitles. Her brother  speaks more because he watched and read anime and manga, she said.After lunch I walked to the station and went to a kimono shop to ask for loundry.

Then I went to Kanda Myojin (神田明神). There is a special ceremony called Nagoshi no oharae (夏越の大祓え) which is held on June 30. There is a big circle made of thatch in front of the shrine. There is a custom to walk around it by the letter of eight, which is called Chi no wa kuguri (茅の輪くぐり). All the bad things done during the past half year will be cleared by doing this.

Then I walked to Kanda to attend a seminar. It was very inspiring.

After that we had a party. I enjoyed meeting new  people.

It was a fruitful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment