Sunday, February 5, 2017

2017.2.5

It was fine in the morning but rained in the afternoon. Fortunately I did not have to use the umbrella.

Today I went to the 38th Yokohama Film Festival in Kannai for the first time.
I have known about the festivals for some years, but I have never attended before.
When I knew about it, I felt like attending this year but missed buying the advanced ticket. There were only 50 tickets left for today.  I was not sure if I could get it or not.  When I arrived there, there were four lines for a block. I was lucky enough to get the ticket. It cost yen3000. The top three Japanese movies of 2016 were shown. There were awards ceremony. More than twelve people got the prizes, made speeches, and fans were able to congratulate them by giving bouquet or present.

I like movies and often go to see them at the theater, but there were only two out of ten of the list for this festival, which I saw last year.

No. 3 was Distruction Babies which is a violence movie and it got six prizes. The main character did not say almost anything but he got the best actor prize. 14 years ago he got the new star prize.

No.2 was Yu wo wakasu hodo no atsui ai (湯を沸かすほどの熱い愛), meaning "Passionate love which boils water. " It was a very nice movie.

No.1 was Kono sekai no katasumini (この世界の片隅に), meaning "At the corner of this small world. " This is an animation movie made by the cloud funding. It is a war time movie in Hiroshima.

Besides these award-getting movies, and there were two short movies of Life Works and interview too.

It started 11:00 and ended 21:20 or so. It was a long day. I was afraid of getting the eonomic syndrome.

What Japanese movies did you like the best last year?

No comments:

Post a Comment