Tuesday, April 5, 2016

2016.4.5

It was cloudy and chilly again.

April 5 is usually a day of entrance ceremony (入学式:nyugakushiki).
I have had many entrance ceremonies for myself, and six times while working at a local junior high school and once at a university I worked for until this March. 
There were two of them which I can't forget. One of them was for my junior high school and the other was the third year of my teaching career when I was in charge of my own class for the first time.
The former reason was I had to make a speech in front of everyone. I do not know why but I was not informed before, therefore I was so surprised when I was called suddenly that I could not speak well at all. I felt so bad.
The latter reason was I did not know how to behave when I led the students into the hall.
That is to say, when I was not prepared, I could not have confidence.
As Luis Pasteur says "Chance favors the prepared mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment