Thursday, March 12, 2020

2020.3.12

It was fine and warm.

On the way to the office I saw some shidare zakura (垂れ桜), weeping cherry blossoms starting to bloom. Spring is nearing.

Today the Torch relay of the Tokyo Olympic 2020 started in Greece. The first Japanese representative runner is Ms. Mizuki Noguchi, the Gold medalist of the Women's Marathon of the Athene Olympic 2004. I was there and saw her running a little bit.
When I was in Seville, Spain in 1992, I had a chance to see the Barcelona Olympic. Since then, I went to see the Atlanta Olympic in 1996, Nagano in 1998, Sydney 2000, Salt Lake in 2002, and Athene in 2004.  Athene is the origin of Olympic. Therefore I decided that Athene Olympic would be the last one I would go to see.

WHO announced that COVIT-19 is pandemic. I hope it will end soon and Tokyo Olympic will be held without any problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment