Monday, September 9, 2019

2019.9.9

The typhoon No.15 hit my area early this morning. It rained heavily and strong wind blew while I was sleeping. When I got up, it already stopped raining, and fine but windy. Branches and leaves were fallen and piled here and there and I needed to clear them.
Trains stopped. Therefore I canceled two appointments and stayed at home.

I watched a Japanese movie "An" which I recorded yesterday.

September 9 is known as choyo no sekku (重陽の節句) or kiku no sekku (菊の節句)which is one of five sekku. They are January 7, March 3, May 5, July 7, and Sep.9. Odd number is thought as positive. Nine is the biggest odd number. September 9 is the double of biggest odd numbers and supposed to be a lucky day. And it is a season of crythanthemum. It is used for the bath and for sake or tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment