Sunday, August 27, 2017

2017.8.27

It was cloudy in the morning but became fine and hot.

In the morning I went to Kimono-style Miya to get hair set and dressed. Today's kimono is Kyokinsai (京金彩) homongi (訪問着), formal wear.
One of the reasons was to listen to the kodan (講談), Japanese traditional story telling in Tokyo. My Reiki teacher was supposed to present around 2 pm. So I arrived there before 2 pm. However when I got there, he was at the entrance taking pictures with friends. I did not understand what was going on. To my shock, programs went smoothly and his turn came earlier than sch, and he said he has just finished. I was so discouraged.
Most of his pupils seemed to have left after his presentation, but I enjoyed listening to some people's presentations.
This is the first experience for me to hear  the live kodan, so I did not know about it at all, and the differences between rakugo (落語) and kodan(講談).
There were many stories, some are old, others are new. Some were stereo-typed, others were original.
I enjoyed the true stories based on their experiences.

I had another appointment at night, so I could not listen to the last person, but I was there for more than four hours.

Then I moved to a restaurant at the Ritz Carlton Hotel,Tokyo in Roppongi. It is located on the 45th floor and the night view was so nice. In addition we could see the fireworks at the Jingu baseball stadium (神宮球場: jingu kyujo).
The course dinner was very beautiful to see and very delicious to eat.
I had a very nice dinner.
I am looking forward to seeing Mt.Fuji from the restaurant next time st daytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment