Sunday, June 12, 2016

2016.6.12

It was fine in the daytime and became cloudy in the afternoon and now it is raining.

Today I got an email from Ms. Nicole Gordon who is a daughter of Ms. Beate Sirota Gordon who passed away in December 2012.  I saw Beate-san at her apartment in New York in October 2012 last and handed my book. She was so kind and encouraged me.

Nicole-san informed me that my favorite her book"The Christmas of 1945" was recently published again as a pocket sized book.
It's been more than 20 years since I read it for the first time.
This is a really nice book, so if you are interested in, please read it.

This morning I went to Kimono-style Miya to get dressed, set the hair and makeup.
I wore the Kimono which I bought more than a quarter century ago but it has been in the chest of the drawers since that time.  We call this situation "タンスの肥やし: tansu no koyashi, " the fertilizer of the chest of drawers.
I am so glad to have worn it at last. To my surprise the length of sleeves became about 10 cm shorter for the past 25 years. I knew this by the sleeves of "長襦袢: nagajuban, " the underwear of  kimono.

After that I went to the Telecom center with my schoolmates of business course to attend a seminar by Ms. Chikako Lee who used to be a poor waitress for five dollar per hour but now is a billionaire. 
I have not known about her at all until the day before yesterday when my friend invited me to this seminar.
Her catch phrase is "Super genki! (スーパー元気!)," super energetic. And she was very cheerful.  She now lives in Florida with her mentor husband Mr. Angel Lee and  a four months old baby boy. Fortunately I took a picture with her.

It was a nice day.
I hope you had a nice weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment