Sunday, January 17, 2016

2016.1.17

It was cloudy and chilly today.

I got up early to enjoy asaburo (朝風呂) morning hot springs.

Breakfast was volumy, and I enjoyed a variety of dishes.

After changing to kimono, I walked around the some floors of the hotel where looked like a museum or an art gallery.
At the lobby, a woman was playing the koto (琴), Japanese traditional music instrument.

Kagaya (加賀屋) is really worth visiting and staying.

We left the hotel around 11 am.  On our way back to Kanazawa, we went to Chirihama (千里浜) drive way where we can drive on the beach. It reminded me of Daytona Beach.

At Kanazawa we visited the Ohmicho ichiba (近江町市場), which is fresh fish market. It seems kaisendon (海鮮丼) seafood rice bowl is very popular there and many people were waiting in front of sushi restaurants. We ate lunch there.

After that we visited the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art,  Kanazawa. I did not understand the exhitions well, but we enjoyed taking pictures from the pool.

We took 5:09 pm Hokuriku Shinkansen Kagayaki arriving at Tokyo at 7:44 pm.

On the train I ate sasazushi (笹寿し) for supper.

It was a nice trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment