Friday, January 1, 2016

2015.12.31

It was fine and hot here in Delray Beach but I am still not fine and coughing.

The last day of 2015.
December 31, we call this last day omisoka (大晦日), which is the day for general cleaning and preparation for the new year.

How was your year 2015?

For me it was another unforgettable year.

I have travelled a lot to visit many shrines and temples including the pilgrimage to 88 temples in Shikoku, Koyasan, Zenkoji, Togakushi, Kyoto twice and to Nagoya to attend the 10th year anniversary event of Expo 2005.
And I came to the USA twice.

The saddest thing was my beloved father's passing on August 17.

Today I had Thai lunch with my ex-host family and enjoyed catching up.
Then I went to the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens  where I had worked for two years from 2006 to 2008 and met old friends and enjoyed Japanese tea ceremony and reunions with ex-coworkers.

I have just eaten toshikoshisoba (年越しそば), the passing year noodle wishing a long life.

I will go to see the count down fireworks festival at Delray Beach.

Thank you for your support during 2015.

I wish you a Happy Healthy Prosperous New Year 2016!!

No comments:

Post a Comment