Friday, August 8, 2014

2014.8.7

It was fine and very hot.
 
Today is risshu (立秋), one of nijyushisekki (二十四節季) 24 solar terms. The last one was taisho (大暑) on July 23, and the next one is shosho(処暑)on August 23.
Risshu literally means stand fall, and it is the first day of fall.
From today our greeting becomes "Zansho omimai  moushiagemasu (残暑お見舞い申し上げます)" instead of "Shochu omimai moushiagemasu (暑中お見舞い申し上げます)."
 
I took a day off to take my father to hospital for once a month check up.  We went out for lunch after going to one department and went back to hospital again to go to another department.
 
There was a guest to our house in the afternoon and after that I took my father to barbershop and we went to pharmacy to get medicines later.
 
After dinner I went to see the 34th fireworks festival at Miurakaigan.  There were so many people at the beach and station.  It started at 7:30 pm and lasted for 40 minutes or so.  There were 3000 fireworks.  I saw some new fireworks related to Miura such as radish or watermelon.  The finale was really great and so impressive.  I am glad to see them this year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment