Friday, November 2, 2012

2012.11.1

A new month has just started.  November is jyuichi gatsu (十一月), the old name is shimo tsuki (霜月), literally frost month in Japanese.
There are only two months left. What will you do for the next two months? 
In Japan we exchange the new year's cards.  They are delivered on the New Year's Day if you post early enough before Christmas.  And the new year's postcard called nenga hagaki (年賀はがき) is released today.  3,670,000,000 postcards are issued and will be sold.  To write new year's card is one of the big jobs we want to do within this year.  I will order them to be delivered but I have not decided how many I will buy.
After work I went to the Imperial Hotel to attend a meeting tonight.  I took the different route as usual and was surprised to find the post office in the hotel.  You can buy new year's postcard at the post offices.

No comments:

Post a Comment