Sunday, November 11, 2012

2012.11.10

Today I went to see the Japanese traditional performing art called Nihon buyo (日本舞踊) in Tokyo.   The venue was very close to the famous shrine named Suitengu (水天宮) where I have never visited before. 
My friend who was a JOI coordinator in West Virginia when I was in Florida sent me an invitation ticket, so I decided to see her performance.  It started at 12:30, and her performance started around 13:50 or so and lasted for about 20 minutes or so.  The last performance finished around 19:30 or so.
Though she started Nihon buyo (Japanese dance)  practice four years and a half ago, I was so impressed by her performance.   She has changed the costumes for 5 or 6 times during this 20 minutes.  They say they weigh about 20 kg. 
It was the first time for me to see these performance.  There were many dancers.  After each performance some audience left the seat and went to see the performer.  So many audience come and leave after each performance.  I have never experienced such way, so that I was surprised at first.
There are many Japanese things that even we Japanese don't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment