Thursday, January 3, 2019

2019.1.3

It was fine and beautiful.

I decided to visit seven lucky gods in Minato ward, Tokyo. This is called Minato shichifukujin meguri (港七福神めぐり) and it is open from January 1 to the Coming-of-Age Day. It is one of the New Year's events. There are many shichifukujin meguri all over Japan and I have visited here and there in my life. The reason I chose Minato ward today is because I work there and looked like I could walk in a few hours. I visit one of them every month and I have been wondering where other gods are.

I started at 10:30 am and it took about three hours to finish. Actually I visited  9 places, 7 shrines and 2 temples. Some were very crowded, others were not.

There were something I found today. There was a statue of Kimi-chan which was the model of the song "The Girl with Red Shoes" on my way to the third place. I did not know that her name was Kimi-chan, same as mine. The statue is in the  Yamashita park in Yokohama, and I did not know she came to Azabu jyuban later in her short life. There is a very famous bream-shaped sweets "taiyaki (鯛焼き)" shop in Azabujuban, and I finally found the place, though I could not buy because of a long line.

At the last place there was a gift which was a surprise.

After that I headed for Yokohama to see a friend. We went to a famous restaurant  where I found by a coupon site. We talked many things, and walked to the Yamashita park. There were roses which were nice.

We happened to see the street performance there. He said he was a champion at the Asian Competition or some events. His talk was interesting and performance was good. He may be very famous someday.

There was something I want to send abroad, but when I visited the post office in the afternoon there was a long line and I gave up. In the evening when I visited there it was already closed.

After saying good-by to my friend, I decided to see a movie "A Star is Born." It was good. While waiting for the time comes, I charged the battery and bought a step counter because it was broken when we were walking at the park. I used the coupon and points and did not have to pay at all.

It was a very nice day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment