Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2019.1.1

Happy New Year!

How is your new year going?

I went to a nearby shrine for hatsumode (初詣), first visit, after midnight. There was a long line waiting. This was the first time for me to visit there at night.
From 12  to 2 am they sell special talisman and charms and offer sake called omiki (御神酒) and red & white rice cakes.
I brought old talisman to burn there and bought one for kitchen.

In the morning I cooked ozoni (お雑煮) which is a typical new year's dish of vegetable, meat, and rice cake with soup, and ate the rice cakes I got at the shrine.

It was a beautiful day.

I got many new year's cards called nengajyo (年賀状). Some of them were very intetesting because they mentioned what they think I am doing. I like to see family pictures to know how big my friend's children became. Two friends said that they decided not to write new year's cards any more. That is sad but I understand.

Emails, Facebook, messengers, Line, WhatsApp are easy, quick and fun to send greetings, pictures or stamps. So I use them too but I like to receive the Christmas cards & new year's cards. So I will write them as long as possible even if it is a bit late.

I wish you a healthy, happy, and prosperous new year 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment