Saturday, December 1, 2018

2018.12.1

The first day of December.
December is jyunigatsu (12月), the 12th month or shiwasu (師走), teachers run in Japanese.

It was fine and warm today.

I went to the nearby shrine as otsuitachimairi (お朔日参り), the first day's custom.

I went to Shinjuku to attend Morinda's monthly meeting from 11 am and had a luncheon with ex-colleagues. It's been 9 years since we met each other and worked together in Shinjuku. After luncheon we visited the building where our office used to be.  There was a nice Christmas tree as usual.

I went to Kawasaki to see a movie. At first I was going to see a Japanese movie but I left Shinjuku later than schedule and could not see it and decided to see other movie but it was full and I could not see either. So I decided to see another one, The Nutcracker and the Four Relms instead.

Then I had dinner with my advising professor of graduate school. There was kegani (毛がに), hairly crab which is my favorite.

Then I headed for Haneda Airport to leave for Myanmar via Bangkok. I picked up the suitcase and checked in.  I wished to buy some souveniors, but most of shops were already closed.

It was a fruitful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment