Wednesday, May 1, 2019

2019.5.1

A new era REIWA (令和) meaning beautiful harmony started today.
There was a declaration ceremony of succession of the throne in the morning at the most prestigeous room Matsu no ma (松の間), pine room of the Imperial Palace today.

Usually the change of the name of the era happens by the passing of the Emperor, it includes the mixed feeling of sadness and hopes. However this time the former Emperor decided to step down, and he is alive, so people have only positive feeling I guess.

It was cloudy and rainy in the morning and became fine later around the ceremony and became rain in the afternoon.

May is gogatsu (五月) or satsuki (皐月) in Japanese. This year we are having the special long golden week.

After watching the ceremony on TV I visited the nearby shrine as my first day ritual.

I hear there was a long waiting line at Iseyama kotai jingu (伊勢山皇大神宮) where I was going to visit in the afternoon but did not. Many people wanted to get the special red stamp called goshuin (ご朱印) today to get today's date. I heard at the Meiji Shrine some people had to wait for more than 8 hours.

In the evening I went to my friend's place to do REIKI.

Since today is taian (大安), good day for everything, I started using the new purse.

My friend wanted me to do REIKI on her new purse, so I did.

I hope we have good fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment