Tuesday, April 30, 2019

2019.4.30

The last day of Heisei (平成).

It was a rainy day.

At 10  am there was a ceremony of Emperor wearing the traditional costume to report his abdication to gods and ancestors at the holy place of the Imperial palace.

At 5 pm there was another ceremony of abdication at the Imperial palace.

With these two ceremonies all the official events of Emperor's abdication finished.

It's been 202 years since the living Emperor abdicated last.

From tomorrow the new era REIWA (令和) will start with the new Emperor.

This morning I went to nearby shrine to thank for the past 30 years of Heisei era.

After that I went to Yokosukachuo to visit some banks, Yokohama to see a movie and Kawasaki to see another movie. I could have seen one more for free of charge, but if I see I would miss the last train and I gave up.

Many Japanese people feel today is like a new year's eve.

Let's have a happy new era!

No comments:

Post a Comment