Friday, May 25, 2018

2018.5.25

It was fine.

I still have a cold: running nose, sore throat, and sneezing.

In the morning I attended the lecture about Overview of Japanese Education by  a MEXT official who used to be our boss. It was the lecture for Thai officials therefore he gave it in English. Time was saved for two hours. The lecture lasted for less than one hour and there were so many questions and answers after that. Since I majored in comparative education at graduate school it was interesting to hear the lecture and questions.

At lunch time I went to a restaurant where I have been intetested in with a colleague who will leave the office at the end of this month. We have wanted to go out for lunch for two years, and finally we did today.
It was a Japanese buffet style restaurant and we took a lot and were enjoying eating. However I found a bug in the salad and felt so shocked. When I left there, I pointed it out and they offered free lunch for both of us.

I was surprised to find something common between my colleague. For example I lived in Seville, Spain and her best friend while she was in the US was from Seville.
I studied at Washington State University and have some friends in Spokane, WA. She had homestayed at a family in Spakane when she was young.
There are 50 States in the USA, but we have stayed in the same place.
We exchanged the phone number and email address, and promised to have dinner at China town using s coupon next time.

After work I visited the National Art Center, Tokyo to see my friend's picture at the 70th Sankiten (三軌展). He is a friend from the 44th peaceboat cruise and sent me the invitation.
On Fridays we can enter free after 5:00pm there. So I not only visited "Sankiten" but also "Taiheiyoten(太平洋展)" and enjoyed watching beautiful art works. Some were very impressive.

TGIF

No comments:

Post a Comment