Thursday, November 23, 2017

2017.11.23

It is a national hoiday called kinro kansha no hi (勤労感謝の日), Labour Thanksgiving Day.
This year it falls on the same day of Thanksgiving of the United States. I miss Turkey Dinner.

It was heavily raining this morning but became fine in the afternoon and rained again in the evening.

In the afternoon I went to a study meeting to improve presymptomatic disease, the life style not to be beaten by cancer.

It started at 13:30.  There were three parts, First: greeting by city mayor, Second: special session by Mr. Shonosuke Okura and Mr.Hiroyuki Watanabe, Third: lecture "Life Style not to Be Beaten by Cancer" by Dr.Yoshinori Nagumo. There was a  hula dance show too.
It was a very informative useful lecture.

I was very surprised to hear that special session was not practiced before.

After the event I bought a book written by Dr. Nagumo and he autographed the book. I read it at night. The contents were almost the same as lecture.
All men on the stage were 62 years old but they looked far much younger than they are.

I met a friend later and went shopping.

It was a nice holiday.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment