Friday, October 20, 2017

2017.10.20

It was a cold rainy day again, 10 days consecutive in Tokyo.

At lunch time I had a boxed lunch which is called obento (お弁当). There were six parts in a box, and two were filled with seasonal rice, one was kurigohan (栗ご飯), rice with chestnuts, the other is matsutake gohan (松茸ご飯), rice with matsutake mushroom. Gohan means boiled rice. I feel autumn when I eat these rice.

I left the office earlier than usual to go to see the 100th Anniversary Asakusa Opera, "Ah, Yume no machi Asakusa! (ああ、夢の街浅草!)," meaning "Ah, Asakusa, dream town!" in which my friend sang some songs.
They say Asakusa was very popular for a variety of performing arts about 100 years ago.
It started 6:30 pm and lasted until 8 pm or so with 15 minutes break and cost yen 3,500.
The most impressive thing was money-throwing system called "nagesen (投げ銭) " or "ohineri (おひねり): tip wrapped in paper." They prepare some piece of wrapping paper and a rubber band to wrap some changes at the reception. I tried it for the first time from the distance.
I met two mutual friends there.

Trains were delayed due to some accidents and influence of coming typhoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment