Sunday, October 18, 2015

2015.10.18

It was fine and very hot in Kyoto.

Today was the big day for me.
There was the 2015 Kimono Fashion Festival in Toji, where is the UNESCO 's World Heritage Site in the evening.

Hoshoen (芳裳苑) group decided to have a Kimono Fashion Festival at the World Heritage Sites from now on and this was the first event.

About 500 kimono models joined.
There were 12 scenes and I participated in two scenes at No. 7 and No. 11.
At No.7 scene, I wore irotome (色留), very formal kimono worn at family wedding. I used Tatsumura's (龍村) obi, sash which is high quality, very expensive, and very nice.  The person who dressed me was so impressed to know it was Tatsumura product. And she said she was happy to touch it.

At scene No. 11 I wore Sahari (佐波理), which is rare and very expensive.

This was the second time for me to attended the Kimono festival.

I enjoyed wearing the new beautiful kimonos at this occasion.

2 comments: