Saturday, October 17, 2015

2015.10.17

It was rainy at home but fine in Kyoto.

I took Shinkansen from Shinagawa at 11:21 and arrived at Kyoto around 13:31.
I ate lunch on the train. The lunch sold at station is called ekiben (駅弁). I chose Shinagawa meibutu kaizukushi(品川名物 貝づくし) at yen 960. There were four different shell fish and it was tasty.
After arriving at Kyoto I headed for Toji (東寺) and changed to my favorite kimono. This kimono and obi are rose ensamble which I fell in love with the first sight.
After checking in the hotel, I went to Gion(祇園) by bus. There I went to a tea shop where I have long wanted to visit and ate kuzukiri (くずきり). It was rather expensive, but I am glad to visit there finally.
After that I went to eat dinner at a Japanese restaurant "Takeshibaro(竹芝楼)" and ate delicious meal with kimono friends.
There came special guests, maiko san (舞子さん) and Geiko san (芸子さん) and enjoyed taking pictures with them.
To walk around Kyoto with kimono was one of my dreams of the last few years, so I am glad to make it come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment