Thursday, January 8, 2015

2015.1.8

It was fine.  Mt. Fuji, the moon and the sun were so beautiful when I left home in the morning.

It's already January 8.  More than one week has passed since the new year.  Until January 7 is called matsu no uchi (松の内), which means the period of decorating pines.  At new year we decorate the bamboo with pine tree called kadomatsu (門松) at the gate.  And we clear them around January 7, though it used to be January 15. So while there are new year's decoration, it is called matsu no uchi.
I thought it was still January 7 today so I forgot clearing the new year's decoration called shogatsu kazari (正月飾り) on the front door this morning. When I realized it was January 8 on the train, I felt ashamed.

There was another embarrassing incident.  I helped my father to write the replies of new year's cards.  Since last year I bought a new PC, I used the new New Year's Card making soft wear so that I had to input everything from scratch.  I forgot to change the name of sender to my father.  And I sent his new year's cards by my name.  Today I got an email from my father's friend.  It's been a long time since all my family visited his house.  He wrote to ask my father's condition because he got a new year's card under my name.  And I realized what I did. 
My brother wrote email saying our uncle called him because he got a new year's card under my name.
It is very rare for him to contact us.  And we knew his recent condition.
So I felt it was like "Bad luck often brings good luck."  In Japanese wazawai tenjite fukutonasu (災い転じて福となす).

No comments:

Post a Comment