Friday, October 31, 2014

2014.10.30

It was a fine beautiful autumn day.
 
From today to November 4 our school is in fall recess.
 
I decided to visit 34 temples in Chichibu (秩父).  This is a very special year for these 34 temples. They show their principal Buddhist Kannon image which is usually hidden.
This happens only once in twelve years which is called gokaichi (御開帳).   This year's event is very special and it happens only once in 60 years and it is called Kinoeumadoshi sokaicho (甲午歳総開帳).
They only open from March 1 to November 18.
It is impossible to visit there all for only one day even if you use a car.  Therefore I am going to visit there for several times.

Today I left home around 8:30 AM and arrived at Seibu Chichibu station around 12:30.
I bought a stamp book called goshuincho (御朱印帳) which cost yen 1200.  At each temple we pay yen 300 to get a stamp called goshuin (御朱印).
Today I visited No. 13,15,1,2,3,4 and the Chichibu shrine.
From No. 1 to 2 it was a mountain road, and it was so hard to climb.  At No.2 I met two ladies who are sisters. They kindly offered me to take to the next place by car.  It was nearly 5 PM when I finished visiting No.4.  It was getting dark, and I asked someone who was cleaning the entrance how to get to the nearest station.  Her husband kindly offered me to take to the Yokose (横瀬) station.
With their help I could visit these 6 temples today.  I really appreciate their kindness.
I came home around 10 PM.
 
Weather was fine, and leaves were turning to red.  It was a nice hiking day.

No comments:

Post a Comment