Friday, October 17, 2014

2014.10.16

It was fine.  Mt. Fuji looked so beautiful with the first snow on the  top.  It is called "hatsu kansetsu (初冠雪)."  It was three days earlier than last year but 16 days later than average year.

I took a day off to take my father to hospital for once a month checkup in the morning.

There came a repair person to fix the problem of the toilet seat warmer in the afternoon.  To our lucky they replaced the seat free of charge.

I went to once a month tea lesson in the late afternoon.  Today we practice o koicha (お濃茶) procedure.  Koicha is strong tea or thick tea.  It is very delicious.  To my lucky my masters ordered my favorite sweets called inokomochi (亥の子餅) today for me.  Inokomochi means the rice cake of wildbore cub and made of rice with sweet red bean paste, chesnuts, and sesami.  It is an auspicious animal for prosperity.   I was very glad.  The soul of tea ceremony is to make tasty tea for the guest from the bottom of the heart.  I think this is the real hospitality. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment