Saturday, October 25, 2014

2014.10.25

It was another beautiful day.
I got up early,  took a bath and ate rich breakfast.  Before checking out I visited a shrine and a temple and two sweets shops.
Yesterday I happened to find yen 500 coupon which allows us to visit four Japanese sweets shops in the area out of nine shops.  It will cost more than yen 500 if you visit there separately and buy something there. I visited two yesterday and other two this morning. I am glad they are open from eight in the morning and that I could get four different local sweets.
Then I went to Maruoka(丸岡城: maruokajo ) castle, which is small but famous for one of the oldest donjon(天守閣: tenshukaku) still remain. And it is very famous for the shortest letter contest. There are many books issued about the award receiving works.
Then I visited Echizen (越前)bamboo dolls factory.  There are many kinds of  bamboos.  The technique of splitting the bamboo was amazing.
After that I went to Mikuni (三国) harbor to eat seafood lunch. I chose full of sweet shrimps bowl.
Then I came back to the hotel to pick my baggage.
Then I went to Kanazawa (金沢) by train to meet my friend from Expo 92.  I think it has been more than 6 years since we met each other in Zaragoza, Spain last.
We enjoyed seafood dinner, I chose female crab bowl.
I love crabs very much. 
Hokuriku (北陸) and Sanin (山陰) areas are famous for crabs. The names differ depends on the place.  For example in Fukui (福井) they call Echizengani (越前がに). But in Shimane (島根) they call Matsubagani(松葉がに).  Famale crabs are called Seikogani (セイコガニ) in Fukui (福井) but Kobakogani (香箱がに) in Ishikawa (石川).
Crab season opens on November 6 and lasts till the end of January for female and till the end of March for male crabs. Therefore I didn't expect to eat crabs this time but could eat them.  How nice it was!
Kanazawa is famous for gold works. I was surprised to see the gold flakes on the crab meat. 
We enjoyed talking and eating dinner and sweets.
Now I am on the bus bound for Tokyo.  It seems there were many people and I got on the second bus which has fewer passengers.  I feel lucky.
It was a nice trip as a whole.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment