Saturday, May 24, 2014

2014.5.24

It was fine.
I went to Kawasaki Taishi (川崎大師) in Kawasaki. There is a special exhibition of the statue of Kukai (空海) aka Kobodaishi (弘法大師), which happens only once in ten years for a month. It is called Daikaicho (大開帳).
I arrived there after noon.
There are many stores of candies and sweets called Kuzumochi (久寿餅) along the street in front of the temple.
There is a pole which has three pieces of long strings tied with him in front of the main temple. There we hold them and greet, which is a  kind of shaking hands with him.
Then I proceeded to the main building for the visit.
After that I wanted to receive a piece of  paper on which the sutra is printed in red called akafuda (赤札), but there was a long long line waiting and I knew it would take a long time to get it. Therefore I decided to see other places first such as the statue of Kobodaishi visiting eighty eight temples in Shikoku, or fifth story tower, or the statue of  Yakushinyorai (薬師如来).  And I had a chance to see the tea ceremony and I could taste green tea with Daruma cookie for nothing. The school is called Sohenryu (宗偏流), and the manner is different from Omotesenke (表千家) which I have learned long time.
After that I waited and waited under the tent and entered the main building at 3:45 PM finally.  There was a talk first and the ceremony called o goma shugyo  (お護摩修行)started at 4 PM.   At the exit we were given a piece of the paper of red character written Namuamidabutsu (南無阿弥陀仏). When I got out, there was a much longer line, and I  wondered if they can enter today or not.  I felt lucky.
On my way back to the station I entered a small restaurant and ate Good luck noodle and Kuzumochi for early dinner.
Then I went to Roppongi to see a Disney movie Frozen by 3D. I like the song ゛Let it go.゛
There was one more thing I wanted to do today,  but it was too late to do so . Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment