Tuesday, May 13, 2014

2014.5.13

It  rained in the morning, but became fine in the afternoon.
There was an earthquake while I was on the train in the morning, and there was something wrong with the signals. Therefore trains delayed and there were so many people on the platform when I got off the train at Shinagawa.
Since I had an appointment at 10 AM, I was afraid of being late but fortunately I was in time.
At lunch time my college and I went out for lunch at a small Chinese restaurant. Most customers were eating the same spicy noodle ゛Dandanmian (担々麺:tantanmen)゛because it is their speciality. However I am not good at eating too spicy foods, so I ordered chicken with cashew nuts. I looked for cashew nuts but they used peanuts instead and I was disappointed.
One interesting thing was the menu. Since their dishes are so spicy, they recommended customers to try from mild one, and they say they can adjust the level of spiciness.  Spiciness is karasa (辛さ)in Japanese.  But it was written as they can adjust happiness (幸せ: shiawase)instead.  Can you see the difference?  They look similar but quite different in the meaning.  So Kanji characters are very interesting to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment