Saturday, May 17, 2014

2014.5.16

It was fine today and the moon looked beautiful tonight too.

A supermarket nearby to my office was opened this morning and I bought my lunch on my way to the office.  Since there was a special opening offer for rice ball, onigiri (おにぎり), I bought some of them.  Onigiri is a very convenient food to eat outside because of the two reasons.  One is you can eat it with your finger and the other is it is composed of the main dish and side dish.  There are many variation by changing the fillings.  It is usually wrapped by seaweed called nori (海苔) or made with  mixed rice.  As fillings you can use salmon (shake: 鮭), salmon roe (ikura: イクラ), cod roe (tarako: たらこ), spicy cod roe (mentaiko: 明太子), tuna (tsuna: ツナ), dried plum pickles called umeboshi (梅干し), kelp (konbu: 昆布), and so on. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment