Saturday, January 28, 2012

2012.1.28

There were earthquakes this morning and afternoon.

Today's big news was the gold medal of Mr. Daiki Ito (伊東大貴) for Men's Nordic Ski Jumping at the World Cup in Sapporo (札幌). He jumped 134 meters and 130 meters. Congratulations!

I got a call and my friend invited me to her house. In the afternoon I visited her. In her house there is a tea room and we enjoyed practicing tea ceremony with delicious sweets. It's been a very long time since I made weak tea (usucha:薄茶 ) with hot pot on the furnace in the floor so called ro (炉). In the winter time we use ro to make tea, and from spring to autumn we use the hot pot on the furnace on the floor so called furo (風炉). While I was in Florida, I had chances to use furo, but never had a chance to use ro. I really like this Japanese tea culture.

In the late afternoon I went shopping and bought 10 books.

No comments:

Post a Comment