Thursday, February 18, 2010

二月十八日(nigatsu jyuhachi nichi): February 18

Another cold day. When I got up this morning, it was snowing. It is very rare to snow around this area. But it even slightly piled. By the time I got to the office in Tokyo, it stopped snowing. When I came back in the night, the windshield of the car was freezing.

They say February 18 is Day of Airmail. In 1911 the first airmail was delivered. These days emails are very popular and the chance of letter-writing is reducing. However I like to write cards and letters and receive cards and letters, especially airmails. Whenever I travel abroad, I try to send postcards to my family and friends as much as possible using beautiful postcards and stamps.
When I sent Christmas cards last year, even in the same city in Florida someone got it within one week, and the other got it more than 1 month later. Strange, isn't it? I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment