Saturday, July 25, 2020

2020.7.25

It was a rainy day.

I started the day with Laughter Yoga.

From 10 am I attended a zoom reading meeting. There were about 15 people. I enjoyed knowing new people.

It was heavily raining in the morning so that I was not going out, but when the meeting was over, it was not raining so I decided to visit some shrines.

First I went to Uraga. There are two Kano jinja (叶神社), shrines across the sea. So after the west side shrine, I took a small boat to go to east side shrine. There was a hill of 50 meters high above ses level. There is a memorial monument of Katsu Kaishu (勝海舟). Uraga is the famous place for the first four blackships from the USA lead by commodore Matthew Perry arrived in1853.
People watched them from that hill.

I went to Kanazawa hakkei to visit Sedo jinja (瀬戸神社) Shrine.

Next I went to Keikyu Tomooka to visit Tomiokahachimangu (富岡八幡宮) shrine.

All these four shrines have long histories from 12th century or so.
I felt history.

On my way back at Kurihama I did grocery shopping.

It was another eventful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment