Thursday, July 23, 2020

2020.7.23

It was cloudy and became rainy.

Today is a national holiday called umi no hi (海の日), Marine Day. It usually falls on the third Monday of July, but this year it was decided on July 23 to facilitate the Tokyo Olympic 2020.

July 23 is also known as fumi no hi (ふみの日), Day of Letter. On this day special stamps are issued. These days we seldom write letters. But I often buy those special stamps for sending Christmas cards in winter.

This morning I went to see a movie "Rambo Last Blood" in Yokohama.
After having lunch I headed for Asakusa.
I visited Sensoji (浅草寺) temple, Asakusa jinja (浅草神社) shrine, and Bentendo (弁天堂) as usual. On my way back I bought ningyoyaki (人形焼) doll shaped sweets after tasting the freshly made one.
I took a wrong train to go to the next stop, and had to change trains again and visited the second shrine called Ichogaoka hachimanjinja (銀杏岡八幡神社).

After that I went to the beauty salon to have my hair cut and permed. This is my refreshment of once in two months.

I visited a kimono shop to pick up nagajuban (長襦袢), underwear and obi (帯), sash. I am looking forward to wearing them.

It was a fruitful day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment