Saturday, February 2, 2019

2019.2.2

It was fine and beautiful.

I went to Shinjuku to attend Morinda's monthly meeting.

After having light lunch I went to Anahachimangu (穴八幡宮) shrine in Waseda where they offer the special talisman called ichiyoraifuku omamori ( 一陽来復御守) from toji (冬至), winter solstice to setsubun (節分), the day before the first spring day. They are the special times of division of the year.
I went there last year for the first time after knowing about it. There are only three chances to put it on the wall facing to the good direction of the year. They are either at the midnight of toji, new year's eve (omisoka: 大晦日) or setsubun which is tomorrow. There was a long waiting line to buy it.

In front of the shrine there is a popular taiyaki(鯛焼き) shop. Taiyaki is a bream-shaped baked sweets filled in azuki (小豆) sweet red bean paste or other creams. I bought two of them, one is azuki sweet red bean paste, the other is time-limited sweet potato paste. There was another long waiting line to buy them because they make one by one.

After that I went to the 8Bunkyo Civic Center in Korakuen to see the Diamond Fuji from the 25th observatory floor. It was one of my dreams to take pictures of the Diamond Fuji. I happened to know the information by my friend's Facebook post. The sun set a little bit right side, but I am glad to see it.

One my way there I happend to see an acquaintance at the Iidabashi station.

After taking pictures, I met a friend and had another time-limited cake set.

It was a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment