Tuesday, January 12, 2021

2021.1.11

It is a national holiday called "Seijin no hi (成人の日)" coming-of-age day. It was used to be on January 15, but it has become on the second Monday of January since 2000 because of happy Monday System. In Japan becoming 20 years old means being adult.

I attended the Shinka no seminar Day 2 from 9 am to 6 pm.

After the seminar my friend took me to the Kofu station. I enjoyed buying their local sweets at the station building shop. Their most famous sweet is called Kikyo Shingen mochi (桔梗信玄餅). I did not know there are variation used Shingen mochi and I bought 5 different sweets and tasted on my way back home.

January 11 is known as kagamibiraki(鏡開き), literally mirror opening. It is a day that we eat the New Year's decoration rice cakes called kagamimochi (鏡餅).

Today is the last day of three day weekend. It was a fruitful one.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment