Monday, December 4, 2017

2017.12.4

It was strange weather again. Rained, became fine, and rained again.  Somebody saw the rainbow.
I was wondering if I should wear kimono or not, and decided to wear.

In Kanazawa people say since the weather at this time of the year is changeable, "Bento wasuretemo kasa wasureruna (弁当忘れても傘忘れるな)" meaning even if you forget bringing your lunch, never forget brining an umbrella."

I got up early and took onsen (温泉) hot spring. We call this asaburo (朝風呂), morning bath. Then I had a big breakfast again.
After that they have set up my hair and got dressed.
Today's kimono is "Saganishiki(佐賀錦)" and obi is nenkin(撚金). Since we go outside, I wore wana (輪奈) coat.

We left Kagaya around 10 am and headed for Kanazawa. We ate lunch at Omicho ichiba (近江町市場), the famous market there. I ate Kobako gani (香箱がに), female snow crab with eggs. They are in season and I have wanted to eat it by all means  this time so I am very glad to eat it.

Then we went to Kaga yuzen (加賀友禅) factory. It is a very famous design kimono in Ishikawa prefecture.

Now I am on the Shinkansen bound for Tokyo.

It was a nice trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment