Friday, December 22, 2017

2017.12.22


It was fine and beautiful.

Today is Toji (冬至), one of nijyushisekki (二十四節気), the 24 solar terms. Toji literally means winter reach. It is winter solstice. It is the day when the day time is the shortest. On this day we eat pumpkin and take a yuzu bath not to get cold.
On my way back home I went to buy yuzu (柚子) and pumkin dish.I felt I am really Japanese.

There was a year-end party of our department at lunch time today. I wished to do it at dinner time, but there are some staffs with small children and it is hard for them to attend at night. Therefore we decided to hold the party at the lunch time so that everyone can attend. We ordered the hors d'oeuvres and some pizzas. One of our staffs who is a man made cheese cake which was the most delicious dish of today.
We enjoyed one hour lunch time by eating, drinking, and talking.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment