Saturday, July 1, 2017

2017.7.1

A new month has started. July is Shichigatsu (七月,7月) or Fumizuki (文月) in Japanese.

Usually I go to the nearby shrine on the first day of the month. Since I was on a business trip to Hakodate, I went to Hakodate hachimangu (函館八幡宮) instead.

In the morning I went to the famous morning market called asaichi (朝市). They offered sampling many things. I ate kegani (毛ガニ) crab which was very tasty.
I bought a slice of Yubari melon (夕張メロン) which is very expensive.
I saw someone fishing squid.
I ate seafood bowl for yen 500. It was fun to walk around the market and bargain.

After coming back to the hotel I tried the second breakfast little bit.

We checked out the hotel around 8:30 am and headed for Giryokaku (五稜郭) tower, one of the symbolic sightseeing places in Hakodate. Since I am a member of JAF, I got a special post card. Entrance fee is yen 900. The view from there was very nice. We can learn the history of Edo to Meiji when Japan opened the door to the world after Commodore Perry appeared by the  black ships in 1853.
Unfortunately we did not have enough time to walk around the park.

Next we went to Tachimachimisaki (立待岬), the tip of the peninsula. There was fog and we could not see the Aomori prefecture. The movement of fog and clouds was interesting.

Then we visited the shrine and the church.
We went to the famous slope called Hachimanzaka (八幡坂) where the films were often shot.

We ate another softcream. Every day we ate softcream which is very rare in my daily life. Today I chose the mix of melon and milk. I liked the first day's one at the monastery the best.

We went to the bay area and enjoyed shopping.

We went to the Shin Hakodate Hokuto station to get the shinkansen Hayabusa back to Tokyo. It took about four hours and a half.

It took four hours from Sapporo to Hakodate, and four hours and a half from Hakodate to Tokyo by bullet train. How big Hokkaido is!

We have been blessed with fine weather for four days and had a fruitful business trip.

I went back to the office to leave PC and documents which are very heavy and did some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment