Saturday, September 26, 2015

2015.9.26

It was cloudy and partially fine.
I am glad it did not rain.

We had the 49th day memorial service (四十九日: shijyukunichi) of my father. It has not been 49 days yet, but it is acceptable to held the ceremony beforehand but not afterwards.
My father's younger brother and his wife from Hiroshima and my mother's cousin from Aichi joined us.

The ceremony started around 1pm followed by placing an urn in a tomb (納骨: nokotsu) and  ended around 2pm. When we were in front of the tomb, the sun appeared so I felt we were lucky so was my father.

49th day is the day when the soul of the dead person leaves the earth to heaven.
By now he must have met my mother there after 13 years and 4 months and 16 days.

After the service we went to a Japanese restaurant and ate a delicious tuna course dinner. Actually I was surprised to see the different dishes and impressed by the variety of Japanese cooking ways. There were too much and I could not eat all so brought leftover to home.

In addtition to that we brought back flowers so there are many flowers at home now.

The next milestone is 100th day.

We usually have one year memorial service next year and the third year memorial service the year after next for the dead person.

So we will get together again at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment