Monday, July 27, 2015

2015.7.27

It was fine and hot.

I took a transferred holiday of July 20.

I left the hotel before 8 am and headed for Bishamondo (毘沙門堂) in Yamashina.
There are many important cultural properties there. The priest explained about the wall and ceiling pictures. There is a technique that the person in the picture looks as if they are watching the audience. Depends on the direction pictures look different.
I did not know that cendipede is a messenger of Bishamonten (毘沙門天).

After that I went back to Kyoto and ate hamo (鱧), daggertooth pike conger dishes. I think it is very famous and seasonal dish in Kyoto.

I went to Toji (東寺) temple again. Yesterday when I went there, it was too early to open.
The entrance fee was yen 500 and I could visit two buildings.

After that I went back to the hotel to pick up the buggage and went to Kyoto station and looked for souvenir and dinner. Every time when I come to Kansai, I buy kaki no ha zushi (柿の葉寿司) for dinner.

On my way back, I choose green car of Kodama (こだま). Shinkansen Kodama stops every station and it takes about 3 hours and 40 minutes between Kyoto and Shinagawa, but it is about yen 4000 cheeper than Nozomi, the fastest bullet train which takes about 2 hours 10 minutes.
Green car is spacy and comfortable.

I visited my father.

It was another long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment