Sunday, July 26, 2015

2015.7.26

I came to Kyoto by night bus. I arrived around 5:40 am. First I went to New Miyako hotel to buy a discount one day subway ticket for the night bus riders. However the places I wanted to visit today was better to visit by bus. So I bought one day bus ticket for yen 500. Since flat rate of one bus ride is yen 230, if you ride more than three times, it is better to buy this ticket. I used more than seven times.
I went to Toji (東寺) temple first. Lotus flowers were very beautiful. There was a talk by a  priest from 6:45 to 7:00, so I attended. Then I ate breakfast and visited my hotel to leave the buggage.
Then I left for Shimogamojinja (下鴨神社). There was a special event to enter the river which only happens once in a year, so I tried.
After that I went to Kamigamojinja (上賀茂神社). There was also special exhibition only happens today. So I feel lucky.
Then I went to Fushimiinari taisha (伏見稲荷大社) where is the most popular place among foreign people. There are about 10000 torii (鳥居) gates. I did not have enough time so I could not climb up the mountain. Therefore I hope to be back someday.

I went back to Kyoto station to see my friend from Expo 92. We walked around the station to find a nice place to eat but it was difficult. After all we went to a tea room and ate sweets.

She was interested in Kamigamojinja.  Since there was a special event there tonight, I recommended her to go and she did and enjoyed.

I went to Chokenji (長建寺) temple to observe the fire festival which only happens once in a year. This was the main reason for me to come to Kyoto this time.

After the festival when I came back to Kyoto station, there was sound and fountain show. So I enjoyed 15 minutes event.

I have looked for a restaurant and most of them were closed, but I could find the one where I could eat Kyoto dishes.

It was fine and very hot today.
And it was a very long day but I enjoyed many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment