Monday, April 20, 2015

2015.4.19

It was fine but became cloudy.

I went to the Kimono-Style Miya to be a kimono model in the morning.
I wore two kimonos.

One is a formal wear called homongi (訪問着) which I got as a present of the last lucky three digit of the new year's card to commemorate the third year anniversary of Miya's opening  in Yokohama.  I used my own sash called fukuro  obi (袋帯) which I bought about a quarter century ago.

The other is a casual wear called tsumugi (紬) which I got as a present of the fortune drawing called fukubiki (福引き) on the new year's day event at Miya this year on January 1. I used my dead mother's sash which must be bought more than 30 years ago.
When I saw the design of the roll called tanmono (反物), I remembered this sash and decided to make it as a kimono.

I feel very lucky to have got these two kimono this January by chance.

Kimono is a wonderful Japanese national costume I proud of and I want to introduce this beautiful Japanese culture to the people around the world.

I was asked to be a model twice at the Kimono fashon show at the Toji (東寺) temple in Kyoto in this fall. Toji is one of the UNESCO's World Heritages. So it is a great honor to be a part of the big event.

Since walking in Kyoto with wearing kimono has been one of my dreams, I am very looking forward to joining that event.

If you have a chance, please come to see that event.

1 comment: