Monday, July 28, 2014

2014.7.28

It was another hot day.
I left the hotel around 8:20 am.  I had some time and walked around the Kyoto station which has been greatly changed for the past few years.  Kyoto is a very historical place but the Kyoto station is very modern. You would be surprised at this mixture.
At the roof there are some different spaces to rest.
Then I headed for Bishamondo (毘沙門堂) in Yamashina. This was the second time for me to visit there.
After visiting there I headed for Kobe to see my teacher from Expo 92.  It's been about three years since I met her last. We had lunch and enjoyed talking.
It took more than two hours to go to Kobe and come back to Kyoto and we could stay together for about one hour and fifteen minutes or so but I am glad to see her and hand her my book at last.
I came back to the hotel in Kyoto to pick up the baggage and went back to the station to get on the Shinkansen.
Whenever I go to Kansai area, I make it a rule to buy kaki no ha zushi(柿の葉寿司).  So did I this time, and I enjoyed eating them as dinner on the train.
It was a just two-day trip. But I had a good time and enjoyed a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment