Thursday, December 24, 2009

クリスマス・イブ(kurisumasu ibu): Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas!
It is Christmas Eve. In Japan Christians are only 1 % of the total population in 2004. Among them there are about 450,000 Catholic, and 650,000 Protestant.
Christmas in Japan is different from the one in Christian countries. For us it is an annual event for the couples or families to have dinner with Champagne, eat "Christmas cake" and exchange presents.
My friends from high school and I have the Christmas dinner at the French restaurant every year. Yesterday we had this annual delicious dinner.
My most impressive memory of Christmas Eve was the one in 1992 when I went to Florence, Italy. I was invited to the party and after that I visited the Duomo. I had never been to the Mass until that time.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment