Thursday, November 26, 2020

2020.11.26

It was fine.

Do you know something about 12 zodiac signs? There is a cycle of 12 zodiac signs for time, day, and a year. Today is a day of cock. In November there are three days of cocks this year, and there are festivals on this day at the bird related shrines. Festival of the first cock day is called ichi no tori (一の酉), the second cock day is called ni no tori (二の酉), and the third cock day is called san no tori (三の酉). Today is san no tori, therefore I visited the Otori jinja (大鳥神社) shrine in Meguro.

I arrived there around 7pm and the ceremony has just begun. There was a long waiting line but when I approached at the main building, they were just dedicating the music and dance called okagura (お神楽). Therefore I felt lucky.

This was the third year for me to visit there on the day of cock which is called "Tori no ichi (酉の市)", Cock Market and I bought a rake shaped charm for the first time.
At the shrine there were many shops selling the decoration of rakes. The say the value is from yen1,000 to yen 300,000.

After that I ate dinner at a seafood casual restaurant.

It was a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment