Thursday, March 25, 2021

2021.3.25

It was fine.

There was an official ceremony of starting the Torch relay of the Tokyo Olympic 2020. It started from Fukushima by Nadeshiko Japan.

I love watching Olympic games. 

When I was in Seville, Spain in 1992, I watched the opening ceremony of Barcelona Olympic 1992 on TV and I was moved. At that time my advising professor of university was just leading students of study abroad tour to Spain and going to see the Olympic games. Therefore I felt like going to see it together and did. That was the first tme.

In 1996 when I was studying at Washington State University, I traveled around the US continent by greyhound bus for 104 days during the summer vacation and went to see the Atlanta Olympic.

In 1998 my friend from tea ceremony lesson invited me to see the closing ceremony of the Nagano Winter Olympic.

In 2000 I went to see the Sydney Olympic.

In 2002 I went to see the Salt Lake Olympic.

In 2004 I went to see the Greece Olympic and decided to stop visiting the Olympic games because Greece is the origin of the Olympic games.

When I knew there would be Tokyo Olympic in 2020, I felt like working for the Tokyo Olympic and applied for the positions, but failed.
I applied for the tickets but failed too.
When it was postponed last year, I felt that there was a reason of my not getting them.

There will be Olympic and Paralympic this summer finally but there would be limited audience allowed.
In spite of this situation, I am glad that it was not canceled but will be held.




No comments:

Post a Comment