Thursday, August 8, 2019

2019.8.8

It was fine and very hot.

Today is risshu(立秋), one of nijyushisekki (二十四節気), the 24 solar terms. Last one was taisho(大暑) on July 23, next one is shosho (処暑) on Aug.23.
Risshu literally means stand fall, it is the first day of fall, though it is still very hot.

From today written greeting message changes from "Shochu omimai moshiagemasu (暑中お見舞い申し上げます)" to "Zansho omimai mishiagemasu (残暑お見舞い申し上げます)."

I had a rather busy day.
First I went to Yokosukachuo for once a month visit.

Second I went to Shinagawa to attend a seminar with my ex-coworker of my junior high school era whom I have not met for a long time.
We went to have tea after that.

Third I went to Shibuya to attend a seminar. I had about two hours before that so I went to see two friends and checked some restaurants to have early dinner with my other friend.

She treated me dinner.

The seminar was interesting but rather long.

I had a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment