Tuesday, December 23, 2014

2014.12.23

It is a national holiday called Tenno tanjobi (天皇誕生日), Emperor's birthday. He became 81years old.

I arrived at Tokushima around 6:30 and took a train to Bando. I walked to the first temple Ryozenji (霊山寺). It was easy because there was a green line guided from the station to the temple. There I bought a special stamp book for 1200th year anniversary.

In total I visited five temples and some shrines nearby.

I brought a lighter for the candle and scent but it was broken.

At the 4th temple I happened to have a chance to attend a lecture by a priest from 3 pm. If I arrived there much earlier, I could have seen the special fire ceremony too.

From the 5th to 6th there were more than 5 km. I am staying at the 6th temple where I booked because it has hot spring. But unfortunately there are only three guests today, and they did not offer us hot spring which was really disappiinted.

After all I walked about 32,000 steps today. I am glad it was fine today.

No comments:

Post a Comment