Monday, December 22, 2014

2014. 12. 22

It was fine.
Mt. Fuji looked so beautiful.

Today is toji (冬至), one of nijyushisekki (二十四節季) the 24 solar terms. Toji literally means winter reach.  It is the day when the daytime is the shortest in a year.  There are customs to take yuzuyu (柚子湯), bath with yuzu and eat pumpkins. After midnight I took a yuzu bath and ate pumpkin for lunch.

Today was the last working day this year.  And there were many things to be finished.

After work I came to Shinjuku to get on a night bus bound for Tokushima, Shikoku.  There are three buses. It will take about 13 hours or so.  I left Shinjuku at 21:25.
I go to the pilgrimage of 88 temples in Shikoku. This is the 1200th year of this  pilgrimage therefore I decided go within this year.
I am not sure how many days it will take, but this time I hope to visit the first 10 temples or so in two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment