Friday, February 7, 2014

2014.2.6

It was very cold today.

I went to tea lesson in the afternoon.  I used to go there around 6 PM while I was studying for the past 6 months, but today I went there after lunch.  There were three pupils before me and two after me.  So it took nearly three hours or more to finish making tea and drinking tea.
Today was the first lesson of this year.  We usually have the first tea ceremony called hatsugama (初釜) in the middle of January, but this year it was cancelled because of our master's health condition.
The name of today's sweets was harugasumi (春霞), spring haze, but it was still winter today.  Flowers of today were plum, white and red camellia which are only used as buds because the flower drops and it reminds of guillotine and it was not good for samurai (侍).
A new word of today was shorai (松籟) which means the sound of boiling water in the pot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment